Always reblog the Evil Giraffe
PSA: A giraffe’s neck length is not, in fact, to reach higher branches and eat leaves but instead to use them as weapons during mating season. The longer the neck, the more force you have behind your attacks when you slam into your opponent’s neck. Sometimes this results in the severe damage or even snapping of the spinal cord.
Basically, these fuckers beat each other to death during mating season. Quite evil herbivores, actually.
Schrödinger opens the box and nothing changes.
The cat lacks vital signs (no heartbeat, no breathing, no brain function): the cat is dead.
The cat exhibits continued animation (blinking, walking, nudging his hand with its little head): the cat is alive.
Schrödinger is afraid.
That has not changed, either.
You cannot buy electronics with food stamps. You cannot buy cigarettes with food stamps. You cannot buy pet food with food stamps. You cannot withdraw money with an EBT card (food stamps).
Do you know what else you can’t buy with food stamps? Shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, tinfoil, plastic sandwich bags, toothpaste, cleaning products, tampons, pads, over the counter medications (such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc.), and anything else you can think of that you cannot physically ingest for nutritional purposes.
Do you know what you can buy with food stamps? Food.
Do you know what it’s like to scrounge for change to buy non-edible necessities, use a credit card and EBT card (food stamps) during the same transaction, and then have the person in line behind you judge you for buying the ingredients to make a birthday cake?
People who disseminate false information about food stamps have never had to use food stamps.
I was on food stamps for 3 years and I can verify that what tumblr user througthewildblue says is the truth.
There are even certain foods that you cannot buy with food stamps! Stuff from the deli at the grocery store is like a 50/50 hit or miss.
So like, honestly, you can only buy SOME food with food stamps, and nothing else.
it takes ten seconds to tag something and forty five minutes to hours to calm down from a panic attack. think about that for a second
and totally feel comfortable enough to ask me to tag something that bothers you bc there are so many things that trigger people that i wouldn’t even think about and i’m sorry if i do that but let me know!
Please tell me if you need something tagged. Please please please. I will without any hesitation.
i’m really sick of the phrase “find yourself”
you don’t find yourself
you make yourself
you’re a blank canvas
don’t waste your time looking for blank canvases
when you’ve had a paint brush in your hand the whole time
you can be anything you want to be
you don’t need to find yourself
you already have yourself
*trips over bucket, falls face first into the paint, tears canvas trying to stand up again, victory pose* ART
Beth Cavener Stichter & Alessandro Gallo Collaborate on Ornate Sculpture:‘Tangled Up in You’
Beth Cavener Stichter’s sculptures have an intensely-visceral quality. The ceramic animals she hand-builds demonstrate an human-like sense of understanding with their sensitive gazes and anthropomorphic eyes. But despite their thoughtful countenances, these characters are also perfectly at home in their animal skins. Cavener Stichter’s work does not shy away from the brutality of the animal world, from its untamed sexuality to its endless cycle of predator and prey.
She recently collaborated with Italian artist Alessandro Gallo , who embellished her latest sculpture, Tangled Up in You, with painted tattoos reminiscent of traditional Japanese tattoo art. The 65-inch-tall sculpture (15 feet total, from the top knot of the rope to the floor) shows a lanky rabbit intertwined with a snake in mid-air. It is unclear whether the two figures are caught in a struggle to the death or a passionate embrace. Tangled Up in You is currently on view at the Milwaukee Museum of Art. Take a look at some detail shots of the elaborate piece as well as some photos of Cavener Stichter in her studio.
‘Tangled Up in You‘ is currently on view at the Milwaukee Museum of Art
OH MY GOD this is SICK as fuck
Be all like, “I have a fiction paper due and I wanna be on Ernest Hemingway’s level.”
new absinthe shot glass
things I want to see:
- tattooed young Hera who redefines what it means to be feminine (ex: x )
- Apollo enjoying counterculture modern music that isn’t what your grandaddy listens to because the god of music loves all music
- Hermes dropping the internet connection of late-night bloggers when he thinks they need to get more sleep
- Aphrodite at the forefront of modern fashion, not just for mainstream fashion but all types of beauty
- Apollo keeping tabs on the mental health of all his followers because mental illness is illness too
- Hera rejecting political campaigns and bringing together queer couples because the goddess of marriage knows better than some old congressman what marriage is
- Zeus traveling the world enjoying the various diversity of his world under culturally-appropriate disguises in each country, stopping to perform quiet blessings to people who deserve it and yet who never know who that strange older man was who helped them or gave them exactly the sort of wise guidance they needed
- Ares annoying Apollo by constantly demanding updates on the wellbeing of his injured veterans and wanting to know what Apollo plans to do about their combat-related injuries and mental illnesses
- Ares whispering in the ears of anti-war protesters to keep world governments from using nuclear weapons
- Ares deflecting bullets in a firefight to protect police officers chasing a gunman and casually pushing criminals’ vehicles off the road in car chases before they can hurt any innocents
- Athena on the ground in the Middle East, following around military scouts and diverting attacks before they even notice them
- Hermes disguised as a male nurse, quietly walking between beds in terminal care facilities, easing pain in everyone he passes by
- Hades patiently explaining the whole “yes, I’m that Hades” “yes, this is that underworld” “no, no one’s going to torture you with fire” thing to every single person who enters his realm and never getting frustrated no matter how many times the Christians ask him about hell
- Poseidon getting a drink in the local bars in small coastal towns because he likes to listen to the tall tales the fishermen tell as they come in from their crab boats
- Hephaestus gleefully inventing new creations because smithing is so much more interesting with modern technology
- Demeter convincing Zeus to sabotage the political lobbying of big agricultural corporations to protect her beloved small-time farmers
- Hestia strolling through the suburbs calming down family arguments in the neighborhoods she visits
- Artemis taking her responsibility for the wellbeing of young ladies seriously and invisibly sitting next to every heartbroken teenage girl crying her eyes out over some lost highschool love
- Dionysus impersonating bartenders and demanding patrons’ car keys when they’ve had too much
- Gods that aren’t stuck in the ancient past
Aphrodite walking in every Slutwalk in every city with signs that say NO ONE ASKS FOR IT.
Aphrodite patiently counseling the wives of sailors, incognito as that sweet girl at the grocery store.
Hephaistos crouched over a microchip, creating new technologies in instants.
Hermes as the guy behind you in line who covers your latte for you because you can’t find your wallet.
Aphrodite listening to the desperate pleas of domestic abuse victims and bringing suffering and torment to their abusers, working in women’s shelters, as a rape crisis counselor, helping to heal those who are hurt because they thought this was love, teaching them that that wasn’t love.
Demeter lobbying for paid maternal leave because you deserve time off after you’ve given birth to life.
Hera supporting working moms. Zeus making sure stay-at-home dads take proper care of the house.
Hermes as the guy at every funeral, even for people who have no one there for them.
Ares and Aphrodite reuniting soldiers and their significant others and sharing a moment when they lock eyes in the airport.
Hermes as the guy at every funeral, even for people who have no one there for them.
i have all 500 gender trading cards and all the kids on the playground wanna trade but ill never give up my favorites: SPIT GIRL, 300 RATS PRETENDING TO BE A HUMAN IN A DRESS, and THERE IS A HUMMING YOU CANNOT IGNORE
The key to not misgendering strangers is to stop gendering strangers.